Part-time Development Assistant Job Description (Remote)
The Icarus Project began in 2003 in an effort to build community support among people who felt isolated by the mental health mainstream. We are comprised of a network of people with lived experience of mental health issues. We gather our community’s knowledge, skills, coping tools, resources, and strategies for self-care and communal support and share them with the world so people can build their own toolkits to help them stay well or navigate through rough times.
Summary The Development Assistant will help further the mission of the Icarus Project (TIP) by providing excellent and energetic fundraising support for the organization. The Development Assistant is responsible for the administrative operations of the development department, including gift processing, donor acknowledgment, donor database management, and event coordination. This position reports to the Director of Development and Partnerships.
Data Entry and Donation Processing – 70%
- Continually update and ensure accuracy of database contact information. Assistant is primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor and prospect constituent records into Network for Good (NFG).
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and database reports as needed.
- Filing all donation-related paperwork and maintaining organized filing systems
- Assist with preparation of grant proposals and reports and track in NFG.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Handle administrative details associated with development meetings (i.e. agendas, minutes, action items etc.).
- Submit expense reports to Finance Office and reconcile expense budget monthly.
- Assist the Development Director and Interim Executive Director (IED) as needed.
Donor Relations – 30%
- Provide accurate and timely processing of gifts, acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Answer email inquiries regarding donations and event registrations.
- Set up and maintain event registration system for online and offline events, act as a point of contact for support.
- Create donor solicitation and new donor welcome packets.
Communications – 20%
- Set up and distribute all email blasts and communications and assist with maintaining social media platforms.
- Assist with website management ensuring that the website is kept updated.
- Support the promotion of the monthly webinar program.
- Support IED in preparing agency collateral (case for support, annual reports, brochures, etc.)
Compensation and Work Schedule: Paid as an independent contractor, flat monthly rate of $1500 at 15 hours/week.
- At least 3 years working in nonprofit and 2 years of development/fundraising experience.
- Demonstrate accurate math calculations for basic accounting
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and execute several critical projects simultaneously and excellent interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office including fluency with Word, Excel, and GoogleDocs; experience with Network for Good or other donor management systems a must. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign software a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with web-based tools and searches.
- Bilingual required (Spanish)
- Must embrace a team atmosphere and have a willingness to be flexible and open to change.
- Familiarity working in a remote/virtual work environment.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a recent fundraising writing sample in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2019. Your cover letter must express how/why TIP’s mission and values resonate with you and what qualities you possess that would specifically support the acquisition of resources to sustain its work.
Women; trans, non-binary and intersex persons; persons with disabilities and candidates from other historically oppressed groups, of all ages, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please join our mailing list to be alerted about future opportunities and other ways to plug into our work.