It is currently Jun 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Is 'Ordinary' Reality a Controlled Psychedelic Experience?

A place to talk about everything from mysticism to lucid dreaming to psychosis to telepathy to conspiracy theories. How do we make sense of the things we see and feel even though we know most ‘normal’ people don’t acknowledge them? How do we harness our mutant powers? Is there really 'power' in what they call ‘madness’ or are we just a bunch of loons?

Is 'Ordinary' Reality a Controlled Psychedelic Experience?

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Lately I have been very interested exploring about the phenomena of UFOs, and their 'occupants', and also trying to understand psychedelics relation to this subject.
Apparently, as far as I know, very few researchers have done this--like Terrence McKenna--, and the guy that has turned me onto my current phase of looking more into this is Ananda Bosman (checkout his video series at YoutubeAnanda Bosman Hadronic Mechanics & Entheogens )
As Ananda points in in part 3 of his talk, it is very amusing how when you try and mention the subject of entheogens to many UFOlogists they think it is too far out, but also when you mention the subject of UFOs to many psychedelic researchers they too think that they are so far out alreadyt adding that is too much ;) YET, I wholeheartedly agree with Ananda that is is VITAL to bring these two subjects togther.
Funnily enough, I recently joined a supposedly radical forums about UFOs and the Paranorma, the Paracast forums, started a thread about this--got a hostile response, and when I reacted (in a polite way) in disappointment, had the thread taken down! I have been on some fucked up forums but have never had a thread deleted! But it just shows you the irony of this

Any way, in my research it takes you into looking into DMT. Apparently DMT is a chemical that plants some plants and fungy have, including sacred plants like Ayahuasca. DMT is said to be produced from the Pineal Gland, and DMT is activated in sleep, and NDEs, and most likely before actual physical death, and....

I found this really interesting article that is hypthesizing that 'reality' we take to be 'normal' and 'objective' may in fact be rather a controlled psychedelic experience!

"Medical Hypotheses
“Wallach's research on the effect of DMT on other endocrine compounds in the human body seemed to suggest that "...DMT and other endogenous hallucinogens mediate their neurological abilities by acting as neurotransmitters at a sub class of the trace amine receptors; a group of receptors found in the CNS where DMT and other hallucinogens have been shown to have activity."
Wallach proposes that in this way waking consciousness can be thought of as a controlled psychedelic experience. When the control of these normal systems of perception becomes loosened and their behavior no longer correlates with the external world, then altered states arise.
Translated, what this suggests is that consciousness, the waking state we take as a 'given' and that feeds us information about the physical world, is itself a kind of hallucination that is fed to us in a controlled way by the pineal gland. Changing the dosage and timing results in a completely different experience (the aliens, the tunnel of light), raising the question of, which experience is real?
Are either of these perceived realities really real? Are neither of them real? Is there more than one dimension of reality and if so, can we, like lamprey eels, perceive another dimension when the chemical lens is made available to us?
Are either of these perceived realities really real? Are neither of them real? Is there more than one dimension of reality and if so, can we, like lamprey eels, perceive another dimension when the chemical lens is made available to us?
I don't have any easy answers, and I do have a distaste for blind alleys when it comes to UFO stuff, since that's about all anything ever turns out to be--yet another blind alley. But I have to admit this line of research looks like it could come together in a very interesting way indeed, and that it definitely pushes us to the edge of some kind of envelope in terms of material reality versus psychological reality and arguments about consciousness and aliens. “

This is a very interesting hypothesis from a Madness perspective especially, because it would explain how come people can be seen to have 'psychedelic experience' not acceptable to the 'controlled' psychedelic experiencees. You know, the ones who believe war and people homless on the streets is the 'real world' one needs to errr ...trip with?
[/url]
d_vyne_madness

Postby silverelf » Nov 01, 2009 5:27 am

Dr Rick Strassman at the University of New Mexico has done some interesting research around DMT -- though I don't think it is ongoing -- book is called "The Spirit Molecule" - check it out if you get a chance
Do not spend a lot
of time in an asylum writing cruel poems
if you can help it, one Artaud is enough.
silverelf

Postby d_vyne_madness » Nov 01, 2009 6:32 am

Hi Silverelf, ahaaaa it so happens that the previous two days to this one I have been watching videos of Rick Strassman's. My favourite is the one where Joanna interviews him on FuturePrimitive--which is avalable at Youtube.

In it Rick says how he was so shook by his findings from DMT research that he did nothing but weave for a whole year...;))) lol That is beautiful, and SO Goddess

It is also very interesting the negative reaction he got from other Zennists when his voice was heard by a larger audience, eventually him being rejected by his Zen school, and this made Rick question the monopilization of the 'unitive' interpretation of religious experience which as we know great affected the 50s, 60s generations and after. And he says how introduction to Ayahuasca and DMT encouraged a more relational religious experience
d_vyne_madness

Postby pakana » Nov 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Hmm...the way you word things, d_vyne, makes me think more of resonance. As in, when the brain is "tuned" to the outside world or ordinary reality, then we see certain patterns of neurochemicals in the brain. When the patterns change, so is the tuning. Whether the tuning goes to snow and static or to some other program is...open to discussion. ;)
pakana

Postby d_vyne_madness » Nov 03, 2009 4:58 am

Hey pakana, I like your analogy of 'tune in'. I was listening to an interview Graham Hancok gave recently and made a note where he says: "our culture forces us to only be able to tune into the 'frequency' "channel normal"'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Za8fMjo8U

That's how I see the situation. There are all differerent strategies to tune us into an 'accepted' frequency which starts very young at Kindergarten via 'education' (Gatto)

As well as that we have the constant onslaught of Mass Media tuning us with their 'tricks of the trade' (Bernays)

Then we have our parents and peers, themselves affected by all that who reinforce it on you, subtly and not so subtly

And last but not least we have central-control tuning station, the Mental Health Movement, that in their time have employed incarceration, torture devices, lobotomies, and now mainly drugs and ECT to 'tune us' into their horrible version of reality. A reality that accepts the social darwinist myth of 'only the fittest survive' of homelessness/people sleeping on horrible filthy concrete streets in the cold, etc, and slavery, alcohol abuse, and other illegal drugs, violence, mass starvation, war, deceit, etc etc

Styart waking up to their 'tuning' and they get worried and wanna re-dumb us out
d_vyne_madness

Postby sweetmadness » Oct 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Cool theories. I think anyone is capable of experiencing an altered state of reality, but through either our own self-programming nature, or others we become controlled.

I'm going to be doing some research into how to achieve an altered state, because I'm thinking there is more than this.
"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
sweetmadness

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

The easiest and most ancient way is with the help of the sacred fruit of the Goddess, entheogens.
d_vyne_madness

Postby SystemsApproach » Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm

d_vyne_madness wrote:The easiest and most ancient way is with the help of the sacred fruit of the Goddess, entheogens.

Are you familiar with Dr Thomas Campbell?

Have a watch of this series of 18 Videos if not-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxECb7zcQhQ

He has worked with Robert Munroe - another character of interest in this field of study.

Someone that I have been researching recently is David Wilcock - Try some Google & U-Tube searches on him - interesting stuff.

On a personal level - I went down the entheogen route for 17 years - certainly not for me any more; & certainly not the only way to access such things. I personally see it as dead end.
http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/index.cgi
SystemsApproach

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

SystemsApproach wrote:
d_vyne_madness wrote:The easiest and most ancient way is with the help of the sacred fruit of the Goddess, entheogens.

Are you familiar with Dr Thomas Campbell?

Have a watch of this series of 18 Videos if not-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxECb7zcQhQ

He has worked with Robert Munroe - another character of interest in this field of study.

Someone that I have been researching recently is David Wilcock - Try some Google & U-Tube searches on him - interesting stuff.

On a personal level - I went down the entheogen route for 17 years - certainly not for me any more; & certainly not the only way to access such things. I personally see it as dead end.

I had a VERY powerful OBE many years ago . At the time I was reading Monroes Journeys Out of the Body, and had been practicing his excercises. I felt i was out of my body and met entities, and it was also a powerful Divinization which I am still exploring about! (When I had the OBE I hadn't had psychedelics. It happened after I had gone to bed)

Do not underestimate entheogens---they are primal and have been the creative force behind most of the mythologies, religions--yip even Buddhism LOL
YOU may personally see the experience you had with them a 'dead end'--me any many others do not. We see them as sacred medicine!

ps--i wouldn't trust that David Wilcock as far as I could throw him.
d_vyne_madness

Postby SystemsApproach » Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm

d_vyne_madness wrote:
Do not underestimate entheogens---they are primal and have been the creative force behind most of the mythologies, religions--yip even Buddhism LOL
YOU may personally see the experience you had with them a 'dead end'--me any many others do not. We see them as sacred medicine!

We have certain differences of opinion that we won't agree on. It's simply better to agree to disagree.
SystemsApproach

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 10, 2010 5:22 am

SystemsApproach wrote:
d_vyne_madness wrote:

We have certain differences of opinion that we won't agree on. It's simply better to agree to disagree.

True. But even if people disagree they can still learn from each other. One question then---IF you say psychedelics were a "dead end", where exactly are you wanting to get to? 'Dead end' gives me an image of a road you are travelling on that is blocked--dead end. So where are you headin'?
d_vyne_madness

Postby SystemsApproach » Oct 10, 2010 8:09 am

d_vyne_madness wrote:True. But even if people disagree they can still learn from each other. One question then---IF you say psychedelics were a "dead end", where exactly are you wanting to get to? 'Dead end' gives me an image of a road you are travelling on that is blocked--dead end. So where are you headin'?

I'm very happy with the path/road that I'm on in relation to my personal development & spirituality.

Psychedelics were/are a dead end for me in every sense of that word - hence I don't go near them.

If you have found/find different - then good - We are all individuals. But you won't get me to to agree with something that I disagree on.

Thanks.
SystemsApproach

Postby Cyris » Oct 10, 2010 9:32 am

There may be a connection to one's ability to perceive and realize alternate dimensions but there is no one answer for it because we are all different.

Every time someone ever gave me Ecstasy, I was unable to understand the fascination. It was as if I'd been given an aspirin.

But I have had direct contact with UFOs and their occupants, many years ago.

The experience is, in fact, reminiscent of a dream state but... very real and there is no doubt of this while it's happening. And though I was able to sense that I was not in any danger from them, I did also sense that it was a incredibly, potentially dangerous situation and, therefore, I recall it being one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

In fact, very little frightens me after this.
Cyris

Postby Nightbloom » Oct 10, 2010 11:55 am

i had some ndes (near death experience) and ufo experiences, and it was a lot how people describe dmt but i never had it unless "they" gave it to me, who the fuck knows these days. last year was the trip of all trips, i don't need to take things for that kind of experience, in fact i am still in the trip. it could be a hologram too but it is still organic.
<p>The next message you need is always right where you are.</p>
<p>&ndash;Ram Dass</p>
Nightbloom

Postby Nightbloom » Oct 10, 2010 11:55 am

btw abilifry does nothing for my "reality issues" fuck abilifry.
<p>The next message you need is always right where you are.</p>
<p>&ndash;Ram Dass</p>
Nightbloom

Postby SystemsApproach » Oct 10, 2010 12:05 pm

d_vyne_madness wrote:True. But even if people disagree they can still learn from each other. One question then---IF you say psychedelics were a "dead end", where exactly are you wanting to get to? 'Dead end' gives me an image of a road you are travelling on that is blocked--dead end. So where are you headin'?

Were you Zwish on MH Forum? I think that we may have had this conversation before -

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/ ... Life/page2
SystemsApproach

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm

SystemsApproach wrote:

I'm very happy with the path/road that I'm on in relation to my personal development & spirituality.

Psychedelics were/are a dead end for me in every sense of that word - hence I don't go near them.

If you have found/find different - then good - We are all individuals. But you won't get me to to agree with something that I disagree on.

Thanks.

chillout. I wasn;t 'trying to get you' to do anything. I was simply asking you a question is all :) of course psychedelics are not for everyone. neither is meditation. We all love diversity.
d_vyne_madness

Postby luckyluke » Oct 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Anyone else think the ET phenomena is a hoax?

Was it seeded by the liberal use of drugs and theater on mind control subjects to be unleashed into the collective unconscious?

1) 911: foreign wars, police state

exponential increase...

2) alien invasion: (with help of holograms) , global government, death camps
luckyluke

Postby d_vyne_madness » Oct 11, 2010 4:06 am

HI

I don't get this part of your question:
Was it seeded by the liberal use of drugs and theater on mind control subjects to be unleashed into the collective unconscious?
care to explain more what you mean?

As far as I am aware the ET phenemenon began proper in the late 1940s--this is quite a bit before psychedelic drugs came into the communities, and then remember in the very straight (apart from beatnics) 1950s we had all those ET films. And there was that famous mass panic after War of the Worlds was previewed on the radio and people actually thought it was a real announcemnet the aliens had arrived LOL

Do I think it is a hoax? This is a real complex question. Everything about this cubject is so confusing. Is like falling down a rabbit hole trying to work it out. I will try and itemize the phenemena as I presently see it:

1) you have those who believe that this 'ET/UFO' phenemena is all man-made, and there has been delieberately created the ET myth to cover up these ultra secret secrets

2) you have UFOlogists who believe there ar ETs and that they come from other planets---This is called the 'nuts and bolts'--because they believe in actual solid nuts and bolt craft with real ETs flyin em

3) You have the likes of Jaques Vallee and others like him who liken the UFO and ET experience to experiences of fairies going way back in our history. Ie., how the craft and occupants as from many reports do not obey normal physics and thus seem like belonging to magical dimensions like fairies etc

4) And like nomber 1 you have those that argue that a 'last card' false flag of the elite is going to be the 'invasion' and/or 'takeover' of 'ETs' who really are in cahoots with the elite, and this is how they will continue to maintain their power over everyone and earth.

(if you can think of any more ideas that differ from this I would be interested to know of them)

So what do I think?

I find it hard to just think it is one explanation. I could be a mixture. I personally have had a very real and weird experience. Not with UFOs, and i think they weren't 'ETs'--but it was a powerful OBE. So I san understand others having very strange experiences

It seems lately people connected with the military are speaking out about knowledge of UFOs, and about the 'ETs' concern about mankind's nuclear warfare. Is that a hoax? I dunno. It is all very strange.
d_vyne_madness

Postby SystemsApproach » Oct 11, 2010 7:41 am

d_vyne_madness wrote:(if you can think of any more ideas that differ from this I would be interested to know of them)

Basically Reality is comparable to a Computer Simulation & 'UFO's' & Aliens are part of the Programming.

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

http://www.trufax.org/

Did you look at/listen to the interview with Dr Thomas Campbell that I Linked you to?

I would also recommend reading the 3 Books in the series 'The Convoluted Universe' by Dolores Cannon

As well as all the books by Dr Brian Weiss, & 'Journey of Souls' by Dr Michael Newton.

Thanks.
SystemsApproach

Next

Return to Alternate Dimensions or Psychotic Delusions?