It is currently Sep 22, 2017 6:29 pm

88%-93%Diagnoses Smoke - Why?

This is a place to talk about what it's like to live with or support someone labeled with a psych diagnosis and/or struggling with madness. How do you help someone in crisis? How do you make sense of being told conflicting things by different healers?

88%-93%Diagnoses Smoke - Why?

Postby Joshua#7 » Feb 07, 2015 2:14 am

Its true. We smoke tobacco because it is the only activity that soothes the hideous side-effects of antipsychotic drugs, SPECIFICALLY. So try not to judge a smoker. I lived at board and care homes for five and 1/2 years straight. The system warehouses the "mentally ill" in these homes all over the country. We ALL smoked cigarettes. We all drank coffee. That's all we did. We traded smokes for coffee and coffee for smokes. Visit a board and care. You will inevitably becoe depressed.
Info - my roots. Knowledge - my trunk. Understanding = my branches and green leaves. Love - a piece of my fruit falls into your open hand.
Joshua#7

Location: here? city? state? country? planet? galaxy? universe? multi-verse?

Re: 88%-93%Diagnoses Smoke - Why?

Postby FLAMING ATTACK B0T » Feb 11, 2015 10:02 pm

There's a theory that tobacco actually has anti-psychotic properties itself as well but given the way smoking is seen as a health problem that needs to be stamped out nowadays, it's never going to be looked at scientifically in this light again, not on any scale that matters anyway. Also just feeling crappy a lot of the time, we turn to things like cigarettes for some temporary comfort. It's the same reason so many of us drink and take other drugs.
FLAMING ATTACK B0T

Re: 88%-93%Diagnoses Smoke - Why?

Postby WindThroughDoor » Jul 05, 2017 8:36 am

cigarettes help me focus and deal with time.

but I still am going to cut down ugh
Forever is composed of nows. ~Emily Dickinson
WindThroughDoor

Return to For Friends, Family, and Allies