It is currently Sep 22, 2017 4:10 am

Parents and family and me (about withdrawal)

Parents and family and me (about withdrawal)

Postby 24JiseongLee » Mar 28, 2017 8:28 am

In fact, I tried about three times to get off the drugs, which include lonasen, and solian and maybe other drugs.

But It all ended with hospitalization.

I was addicted to computer games and took a lot of time for doing computers and spending money of my family and traveling whole the country.

And now, I am trying to reducing the drugs very fast tempo, so I am somewhat afraid of my parents to make me hospitalized for future.

I know it is right because I was ugly and wrong, but in my opinion, that was the best things that I could do...

Anyway I could not control my self and even now It seems I have some reducing problems or the drugs-it-self problems or combinations of it.

Anyway I focus on the drugs future harm and my parents are thinking that I should go slowly.

Slowly. Too stressful for me.

Because I think now is the best time for getting off the drugs.

Anyway, today with yesterday I translated the Coming Off Psych Drugs Harm Reduction Guide about 19 pages to Korean and I wanted to show that materials to my parents.

It's about several hours that I found this web-site. I found this by reading the material Harm Reduction Guide.

I think It will be great help for me although I have very high language barrier.

And I have a question for me and in advance thanks I want to give you dear.

How can I discern between reducing problems and drug-it-self casing problems?

Anyway, thanks a lot for seeing this post and I want to finish this topic!

Have a nice day and good luck!.
24JiseongLee

Re: Parents and family and me (about withdrawal)

Postby naomibardo » Mar 28, 2017 11:45 am

I'm sorry,I have not enough experience with medications.
Do you also know of the website BEYOND MEDS,which had lots and lots of material.
I wish you well.
naomibardo

Postby yellowrose » Mar 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi Jiseong Lee

Hey there...

안녕이 지성

안녕하세요 ...

거기에 많은 지원이 있습니까? 내 친구 준은 한국이 지나치게 경쟁이 치열한 사회라고 말합니다.

당신이 어려움에 빠졌던 원래의 이유는 무엇입니까? 당신은 컴퓨터 중독에 대해 언급했습니다. 내가 아는 한 컴퓨터 중독은 DSM (정신과 의사가 세계의 대부분, 특히 유럽과 미국에서 사용하는 참조 서적)의 전체 진단 라벨이 아닙니다.

나라를 돌아 다니며 즐거운 시간을 보냈던 것 같습니다. 네가 부모님 한테 너무 많은 돈을 쏟아 부었기 때문에 부모님이 화가 났을 까? 나는 통제없이 돈을 지출하는 것이 조병 또는 경조증 (양극성의 높은 단계)의 증상으로 분류된다고 생각합니다. 하지만 너 자신을 즐겁게하고 자유를 즐겼 을까?

Med withdrawal에 관한 정말 어려운 질문입니다. 나는 거의 17 년 동안 약을 먹었지 만, 나는 그 (것)들을 감소시키는 방법을 많이 볼 수 없다. 나는 앞으로 나가기 위해 길을 떠날려고 노력 중이다.

이 이카루스 프로젝트의 창시자 중 두 명은 제가 약물 치료 없이는 살 수 있다는 것을 확실히 말할 수 있다고 생각합니다. 그러나 저는 성공적으로 '벗어나'있는 많은 사람들이 자신의식이 요법, 운동, 명상, 요가. 그 엄격한 정권이 항상 도움이되는 것은 아닙니다. 나는 Sascha (다른 창시자 중 한 사람)가 Podcast에 기록을 남기고있다. 그는 리튬이 정말로 그를 돕는 무엇인가라고 말하면서 그것을 내릴 길을 찾지 못했다고 말한다.

우리가 지금까지 아시아 (호주와 뉴질랜드 출신) 출신의 사람들이 많다는 점에서 흥미로웠다. 저는 한국이 미국과 많은 경제 및 군사적 관계를 맺고 있음을 압니다. 나는 외교 용어로 미국에 대한 귀하의 나라의 친밀감이 귀하의 국가에있는 사람들이 현재 더 많은 의료 혜택을 받고 있음을 의미하는지 궁금합니다. 내 직업은 다큐멘터리 제작자로서 일본의 정신과 의사에 대한 아이디어를 던졌습니다. 분명히 미국의 Pharmacuetical 회사는 90 년대에 일본인들에게 우울증과 Prozac에 대한 아이디어를 판매하지 못했지만 상황에 따라 아시아에서 상황이 변할 수도 있습니다.

Is there much support over there? My friend Joon tells me Korea is a hyper-competitive society.

What were the original reasons you got into difficulties? You mentioned computer addiction. As far as I know computer addiction is not a full diagnostic label in the DSM (the reference book that psychiatrists use in most of the world especially Europe and America).

It sounds like maybe you had a good time travelling round the country. Maybe your parents got annoyed because you blew too much cash? I think spending money without control is classed as a symptom of mania or hypomania (the high phases of bipolar). But maybe you enjoyed yourself and enjoyed the freedom?

Its a really difficult question about the med withdrawal. I have been on pills for nearly 17 years and whilst I don't really like them that much I can't see a way to reduce off them. I am trying to leave the way open in the future to maybe withdraw.

Out of two of the founders of this Icarus project I think I can safely say one I know does live without medication (I think) but I know a lot of people who do successfully 'go off' are super conscious about their diet, exercises, meditation, yoga. Even that strict regime doesn't always help. I know Sascha (one of the other founders) has gone on record on podcasts to say that he thinks Lithium is something that really helps him and he hasn't found a way to get off it.

It's interesting Jiseong Lee that we haven't upto now had many people (that I know of) from Asia (some from Australia and New Zealand). I know South Korea has a lot of economic and military ties to the USA. I wonder if the closeness of your country to America in diplomatic terms means that people in your country are now being medicalised more. My job is as a documentary maker and I once pitched an idea about the psychiatric system in Japan. Apparently the US Pharmacuetical companies failed to sell the idea of depression and Prozac to the Japanese back in the 90s but maybe not things are changing in Asia as your situation might show.

그런데 나는 북한에 관심이 많고 그것에 관한 많은 책을 읽었습니다.

By the way I am very interested in North Korea and have read many books about it.
Taoist master in training ------ www.liamartist.blogspot.co.uk
yellowrose

Postby WildeRose » Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I wonder if there is a naturopathic doctor who could help you withdraw. That'd be someone who'd help you be one of those people Liam talked about, meaning someone who is super-conscious about diet and yoga or qigong, as well as, maybe, talk therapy.
I wonder if you looked online, you could maybe find a doctor who's local to you who could help you make the change you crave.
WildeRose

Postby 24JiseongLee » Mar 28, 2017 8:44 pm

To dear naomibardo.

Thanks for informing me Beyond meds. and I am going to look around the web - sites.
24JiseongLee

Postby 24JiseongLee » Mar 28, 2017 8:54 pm

To dear yellowrose.

장문의 답변에 감사드립니다. 저는 오랫동안 약을 먹어왔는데 사실상 어렸을 때부터 게임을 즐겨하긴 했습니다.
저도 제 자신이 처음에 어떻게 그런 어려움에 빠지게 되었는지 잘 모르겠습니다.
다만 제가 기억하는 것은 매우 심각한 수준의 신체 장애를 가지게 되어 신경과에서 정신과로 옮겨졌다는 것입니다.
저는 17살 정도에 심각할 정도의 경련을 가지고 있었으며, 그 경련으로 인해서 신경과를 가게되었고 근처의 대학병원에서 검사를 받은후 틱장애라는 말을 듣고 정신과로 옮겨졌습니다.
그때 경련이 생긴 것이 지금 생각해보면, 어린시절 겪었던 트라우마나 사고들과 관련이 있으며, 그리고 17살정도에 발이 삐엇을 때 오랫동안 먹은 정형외과 약이 관련되지 않나 싶습니다.
Thanks for your reply. I have enjoyed computer games for long times, and taken psych meds for 7 years.
In my opinion, I can't figure out why I have those difficulties like psychosis or something like that.
But I remember when I had some severe physical disorder, a neurologist told me to go to a psychiatrist.
At 17-years-old I had some severe convulsions, and I went to a neurologist and after some check-up at university hospital nearby my home, and they said I have tic, and with my family I went to a psychiatrist.
Thinking why those convulsions had suddenly came to my life, I think the trauma I had at my childhood or accidents, and when sprained my ankles I took some orthopedics meds.
나머지 부분들에 대해서는 저도 잘 모르겠습니다. 답변 감사드립니다.
I don't know other things you said, Thanks a lot.!!
24JiseongLee

Postby 24JiseongLee » Mar 28, 2017 8:58 pm

To dear WildeRose.
Right. There are some doctors of oriental medicine who claim that they help those who are in psych meds.
But it takes a lot of money so it is hard to take those help.
And In my opinion, the doctors are not fully aware of the dangers of psych meds.
24JiseongLee

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely