It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:11 am

Is grain alcohol the solvent solution for tapering every med

Is grain alcohol the solvent solution for tapering every med

Postby radioinmyhead » Dec 27, 2016 2:50 am

Hey'all,

I've been trying to find some information. It's a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the Internet.

Q: Is grain alcohol the solvent solution in pmed tapering for every type of medication: AD, AP, AC, benzos?

Thanks,
:r
Further the scientific progress, deeper the tunnel vision.
radioinmyhead

Re: Is grain alcohol the solvent solution for tapering every

Postby [ObjectsInMirrors] » Dec 27, 2016 3:56 am

When I got off of psych meds and needs to reduce smaller than I could cut, I did water titration. Ground pill with mortar and pestle, measured water in graduated cylinders, used a blender to mix. I had no shortage of pills so would get rid of extra pill water. Some people also crush and use scientific scales to weigh it. I've never heard of someone putting it in alcohol. The only exception to water titration and crushing being if you have an extended release capsule and you have no access to immediate release or tablet, then usually it's recommended you open the capsule, count out the different types of beads inside, reduce by number of beads.
[ObjectsInMirrors]

Re: Is grain alcohol the solvent solution for tapering every

Postby radioinmyhead » Dec 28, 2016 1:14 pm

I've seen Internet sites that do use grain alcohol with benzos. I was just wondering if it were safe to do so with other meds.
Further the scientific progress, deeper the tunnel vision.
radioinmyhead

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely