It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:16 am

Has anyone here actually managed to cease Zyprexa?

Has anyone here actually managed to cease Zyprexa?

Postby Faith_and_Love » Sep 20, 2016 2:28 am

Hi, just wondering, has anyone here who has taken Zyprexa managed to get off? It is the only drug I take I am on 7.5mg daily with the aim to eventually cease it. However I tried at the start of the year but did it too quick and stupidly took kava and ended up in a psychosis. My dr seems to be supportive. I have read on another forum of people making the drug into a liquid for when you are on a smaller dose than the lowest dose pill 2.5mg.
I am taking magnesium powder to help ease the tardive dyskenesia symptoms (I have developed TD since I took Zeldox back in 2008, then a dr put me onto Zyprexa instead however still have movements.)

Any success stories?
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." ~ The Bible ~ 1 John 4:18
Faith_and_Love

Re: Has anyone here actually managed to cease Zyprexa?

Postby scatter » Sep 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi. I was on Zyprexa for about a year - in the hospital I think I was taking 10 then I taped down to 5 after awhile (I don't remember the doses) but eventually I got to the point that I was only taking it as needed to sleep.

I haven't taken any Zyprexa in about 10 years.
"Bipolar I with Psychotic Features", but somehow that just doesn't seem to capture the essence of the whole dilemma.
http://theicarusproject.net/blog/scatter
scatter

Postby scatter » Sep 20, 2016 10:46 pm

"Bipolar I with Psychotic Features", but somehow that just doesn't seem to capture the essence of the whole dilemma.
http://theicarusproject.net/blog/scatter
scatter

Postby Faith_and_Love » Sep 25, 2016 8:18 am

Hey, thanks for the reply so happy to hear you made it off it, I managed to lose 25kg but then dr put me on zyprexa and I gained it all back. Hope to go off it one day.. I guess time will tell.
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." ~ The Bible ~ 1 John 4:18
Faith_and_Love

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely