It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:16 am

How I have managed to cease two medications

How I have managed to cease two medications

Postby Faith_and_Love » Dec 27, 2015 7:30 am

Hello,

I am very happy to report after quite some time on medications, In particular epilim since 2008, anti depressant (Effexor, then cymbalta then prozac) I ceased epilim about 4 months ago, I also ceased the prozac about a week and a half ago. The remaining drug I am on is zyprexa, which I was originally on 10mg, now I take 2.5mg

How did I do it? I have an extremely supportive psychiatrist and family and friends. Change of diet, walking, meditation, prayer, art, nice music, natural therapies and faith, hope, love and positivity.

Thankfully, I am actually feeling better. Happier, more energy, the ability to feel emotions, weight loss, healthier appetite.

The natural therapies I have used are : Homeopathy (a friend who is a naturopath recommended one from online formula for anxiety relief that actually works not expensive either) , herbal teas such as relaxation ones like chamomile, peppermint, lavender and detox teas, acupuncture which I get for $16 a session from acupuncture students that are supervised, flower essences to balance and release anxiety, shell essence to release fear, reiki/crystals, I have changed my diet to vegan, I now eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg, lots of yum smoothies, I take supplements every now and then such as high strength magnesium and gaba, flax seed oil, green superfood powders that have stuff like chloryphyll, spirulina, wheatgrass etc (not expensive for a container that lasts ages I pay maybe $30) Cant forget the coconut vegan kefir and kombucha, which are basically vegan pro biotics, all the excess weight, bad foods and medications stuff lodge in the gut so need to cleanse. Drinking filtered water.
Also every now and then I have bicarb in water to alkalize,(Make sure you get one without added metals such as aluminium, do your research) and sometimes I have himalayan salt in water for the minerals, apple cider vinegar in water every now and then too.

My faith in God has also helped, as has meditation, prayer, releasing my creativity through art and long walks...oh how could I forget, swimming in the water at the beach, the water is full of minerals that helps to detox and relax... Soaking up the sun too.

So..yeah.. Feeling pretty positive about it which is pretty important. Also a very important thing to learn is to identify if your thoughts and feelings are from fear or love. A lot of people live in a lot of fear and don't even realise it.

Ciao :D
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." ~ The Bible ~ 1 John 4:18
Faith_and_Love

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely