It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:25 am

Faced with a bummer of a choice

Faced with a bummer of a choice

Postby yellowrose » Oct 08, 2015 7:07 pm

My TD seems to be getting worse. Having researched some of the alternative meds and chatted it through with a radical psychologist I have come to the conclusion that the only option is to get off Risperidone or at the very least significantly reduce my dose.

For the last three months I went down from 4mg to 3.75mg and then in the last month from 3.75mg to 3.5mg. The only problem was that I started to feel quite unwell at 3.5. Not crisis proportions but just like I was living through a grey haze rather than seeing things clearly. I was finding it really hard to concentrate on my work or do housework. Since going back upto 4mg I feel a heck of a lot better but it's not what i need to do in terms of the TD. I don't get any support from family or state in terms of finances and I can't afford to be incapacitated. Then again I can't afford to get facial disfigurements. I'm not sure what to do.
Taoist master in training ------ www.liamartist.blogspot.co.uk
yellowrose

Re: Faced with a bummer of a choice

Postby yellowrose » Oct 08, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm considering dropping back to 3.75, which seemed to suit me for quite a while. In the meantime before dropping further I am thinking of focussing on some healing modalities.
Taoist master in training ------ www.liamartist.blogspot.co.uk
yellowrose

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely