It is currently Sep 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Changing from Neuroleptics to Antidepressants?

Changing from Neuroleptics to Antidepressants?

Postby inandout » Sep 11, 2015 5:53 am

Hello,

this week I talked to my doc. He offered me to change from Neuroleptics (of which I take "Amisulprid", that is what it's called in Germany where I'm based) to Antidepressants (SSRI). My doc is a "good" psychiatrist, still a psychiatrist though. I think his idea comes closer to the truth then treating "Schizophrenia", even if I don't like diagnoses at all. I tried to reduce my neuroleptics several times, which never worked out well. What always happened: I feel so extremely lonely and vulnerable and in desparation, when I reduce the meds. When I really developed fear of being persecuted in 2009 (after 3 days without sleep cause of another, more real fear), I think it was made easy by this underlying feeling of extreme loneliness, so I understand the idea to "treat" this underlying feeling. But my aim is to gett off all psychiatric drugs. So does anyone know about a change in medication, may it be easier to first change to antidepressants and then later get rid of them?
Even now I feel lonely, just not so extreme, still looking for other ways of change then medication, also tried different psychotherapies. Meeting friends helps me for a short time always, but i feel like falling back into this feeling always.
inandout

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely