It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:11 am

Help Stopping Zyprexa

Help Stopping Zyprexa

Postby ryle.9toni_4 » Nov 18, 2013 6:46 pm

I was put on 25 mls of Zyprexa by my psychiatrist back in September 2010. After 6 months or so the psychiatrist reduced the Zyprexa to 20 mls at first and she left me on the 20 mls for 2 months. Then she reduced it to 15 mls and left me on 15 mls for another 2 months. Then she reduced the Zyprexa to 10 mls and she has left me on 10 mls for the past two years or more. I felt fine after all the reductions the psychiatrist made. Recently I have reduced the 10 mls of Zyprexa myself without the instruction of a doctor or psychiatrist by taking 10 mls every second night for 2 months. After spending 2 months on 10 mls every second night I reduced the Zyprexa to 5 mls every second night which is really 2.5 mls of Zyprexa every night. I felt fine after all the reductions I made myself without the instruction of a doctor or psychiatrist. I was wondering could anyone tell me how long I would need to stay on 5 mls of Zyprexa every second night before it would be safe for me to stop the Zyprexa altogher. I am very keen to come off it altoghether. Thanks.
ryle.9toni_4

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely