It is currently Sep 23, 2017 11:08 pm

What vitamins or Supplement to take for coming off Abilify?

Postby Mobc1990 » Oct 02, 2013 8:19 am

i am on 5mg Abilify,i took it for 1 year already,was on 10mg for previous 3 years...what vitamin or supplement should i take so that i can withdraw more successfuly this time round??

fish oil?niacin?
Omega 3?Theroadback?
or truehope empowerplus?
Mobc1990

Re: What vitamins or Supplement to take for coming off Abili

Postby ObjectsInMirrors » Oct 02, 2013 10:56 am

What withdrawal symptoms were you having? How were you tapering (how much were you reducing how often)?
ObjectsInMirrors

Postby Mobc1990 » Oct 02, 2013 12:16 pm

I get into argument easily and also sponge suck in bad emotion like anger...I am taperikng 5mg to 2.5mg then stop after a while...I don't know how to shave a medication,maybe I get truehope empowerplus to assist me in withdrawing

Today I took 2.5mg of Abilify instead of 5mg,without anyone's approval,i gonna do it myself anyway
Mobc1990

Postby Mobc1990 » Oct 04, 2013 1:50 pm

would try these for withdrawal
Vitamin b3-4.5gram
Vitamin b6:under 1000mg/day
Vitamin C:3g/day or more
Folic Acid & Vitamin B12:large doses preferable
Omega 3 EPAS(eg:Fish Oil):3-9X1000mg capsules/day
Zinc 50mg perday
Selenium 200-600micrograms/day
Mobc1990

Postby GettingOff88 » Oct 06, 2013 9:58 pm

In addition to the supplements you should try to ask your doc for the liquid form of Abilify and decrease only 1 mg at a time over 3=4 weeks to allow adjustment and decrease of withdrawal symptoms. Are you experiencing anxiety and insomnia? If so there are homeopathic remedies out there that can assist with these problems. Go to your local healthfood store and ask for them....These herbs are not FDA Regulated but it is better than getting mixed up with BIG Pharma...I am currently decreasing from 15mg....waiting for insurance approval on the liquid...How have you felt on this drug and what are your reasons for quitting? I feel like I am in a fog and have problems connecting thoughts...Among dizziness when standing, etc...You need to be smart about this, the withdrawal..I wish I could get off it like tomm...but this is not wise to withdrawal so quickly......Abilify has a three day half life....meaning that a lot of the drug stays in your system even if you skip a day....better to take your time and not decrease at 50% which may be your problem....
GettingOff88

Postby Mobc1990 » Oct 07, 2013 5:43 am

i havent experience any withdrawal at all,besides that i used to sleep 12 hr a day,now i can do it with 10 hr,so its consider improvement rather than withdrawal
Mobc1990

Postby ObjectsInMirrors » Oct 08, 2013 11:08 pm

I suggest tapering a lot a lot slower. Way slower than that. I started on 3mg of risperdal and spent over a year coming off it. I don't mean you have to go that slow- but cutting your dose in half each time is a lot. try reducing more frequently by smaller amounts. Ask your psychiatrist to prescribe the smallest dose pills possible then cut them, you could weigh a pill on a very exact scale, crush it, and then do math to figure out how much you should take away to get the proper dose and then you can mix the crushed pill in water if you want, or you can do water titatration info here: http://beyondmeds.com/2008/05/14/water- ... ithdrawal/

I got really bad side effects when I reduced risperdal too fast. When I reduced a tiny tiny amount every few days instead making big cuts every few weeks or months it worked much better for me.

I'm not sure what to suggest for anger prevention but there are various suggestions for calming supplements that could also be used for anxiety (you would have to look around the alternative treatment subforum- i belive lemon balm and valerian are two of them)
ObjectsInMirrors

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely