It is currently Sep 22, 2017 3:49 am

seroquel withdrawal using just the XR version

seroquel withdrawal using just the XR version

Postby oasis_sun » Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm

so ive been slowly tapering off of seroquel for over a year (after being on antipsychotics for about 15 years) with the XR version as the one i'm using as a base (ive been using the short-acting seroquel that stays in your system for 6-12 hours) on and off since over a year ago. several weeks ago in the withdrawal i went from taking 100 mg of the xr version to taking 50 mg of the xr AND 37.5 mg of the short-acting seroquel... i was taking the 37.5 mg of the short-acting for 3 weeks and then just 25 mg of the short-acting for the past couple days (along with the 50 mg of the xr)... currently, catalyzed by an issue with my insurance where right now i can't get a refill on the seroquel 25 mg until next week, i'm thinking it may be ok to just take the 50 mg of the XR and then (perhaps?) in a few months to use the 25 mg of the short-acting seroquel after stopping the xr.

does anyone know the effect of taking the XR version coupled with taking the short-acting seroquel? its possible that i had been withdrawing too slowly (last year, in march, i started taking 100 mg of the xr and 25 mg of the short-acting after going below the 150 mg efficacy level of the xr) and then it wasn't until september that i stopped taking the 25 mg and just took the 100 of the xr. psychologically, its been at times very difficult bc the withdrawal causes all sorts of disturbing mental shit, but maybe its because ive been tapering too slowly, dunno?
oasis_sun

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely