It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:13 am

Have u come off serequel?

Have u come off serequel?

Postby Khalsa44 » May 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi

Who has come off serequel and/or lithium safely and well or is in the process?

How do u manage feeling more emotional?

And still be in the world?

I'm having a hard day

Blessings x
Khalsa44

Re: Have u come off serequel?

Postby babblefish » May 21, 2013 7:00 pm

i'm sorry you are having a hard day Khalsa. i am too.

i came off seroquel several years ago. unfortunately i'm not able to be in the world all the time. but when i'm doing well, i feel much better than i ever did on meds.

i hope someone else chimes in with better info.

best of luck.
there is a crack in everything. that's how the light gets in.
~ l. cohen
babblefish

Postby triciafishDE » May 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Yes.
Jesus.
Prayer.
Recommitting everyday.
Reading The Word.
Mass and Eucharist.
Repenting and confessing.
Good friends who are more like angels.

I have a friend who just came off of lithium after 7 years. It's tough. Think of a stroke patient getting back to normal, and re-define what you think is "normal".

Pax, not Paxil +
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Postby - » May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

HEY Khalsa 44 I went off Lithium 200 mg per day cold turkey in June 2011 super unsafely whatever lithium makes me incredibly ill

In hospital they jacked me up to 700 MG of seroquel and now I am on 150 so that is in 1 year I tapered 50 percent of klonapin which was hell and that was since October

I find long bike rides in the sun on a bike path really helps or some cardio yoga to get the blood moving to get that crap out of your system and hot baths w ylang ylang and i drink primarily water
-

Postby Ana Pascal » May 21, 2013 11:22 pm

I came off of seroquel rather slowly with my doctor's help. Looking back at that time, I suppose I was having some troubles, but it was also a traumatic time for me. So who knows if it was my situation or my head adjusting or both that made it a difficult time. But, I got through it and I feel better than ever now.

I went from Lithium to high dosages of Lamitictal, so I don't think that is the same as coming off of it. I hated Lithium.
"Anarchists have a group? They assemble?" - Ana Pascal in "Stranger Than Fiction"
Ana Pascal

Postby triciafishDE » May 22, 2013 7:16 pm

I was on 800mg in the hospital.
I told the shrink i was going to sue him so he backed it down to 400mg.
When i got released i gave the pharmacist my prescription and asked her to give it to me in 100mg tabs.
So i just started taking those, then it started making me panicky and itchy, so i just quit it.
My cousin came off of seroquel cold turkey, but he used to drink and do drugs so he probably didn't feel any withdrawal.
Everyone is different.
Sarakill. I can't believe it's still on the market. Astrazenaca was sued over it.
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely