It is currently Sep 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Who has come off meds safely and stayed off?

Postby Khalsa44 » May 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi

What helped u the most?

What has helped me the most so far is seeing my transpersonal counsellor, being kind and forgiving myself and seeing my friends

Love to u
Khalsa
Khalsa44

Re: Who has come off meds safely and stayed off?

Postby maamyyrä » May 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Khalsa

Khalsa44 wrote:What helped u the most?

the realization that there were no skilled "medical professionals" who did something "scientific" but a bunch of people who prescribed totally randomly one drug after the other. when drug approx. no. 25 didn't help it dawned on me i had to let go of the idea that drugs would somehow "fix" me. i had experienced most horrible "side" effects none of which any psychiatrist ever cared about. to the point that these "side" effects destroyed my life even further than any problem could have. none of which i was honestly talked about. none of them seemed to even keep up to date with studies, obviously. "mental patients" are human lab rats. told lies about drugs. shut up when they don't feel helped by drugs. shut up when they experience paradoxical effects. shut up all the time because nobody cares about them. they are an easy way to earn money because many of them rarely complain. and no lobby supports them.
so what helps is a very honest evaluation of what a drug does to you.
you can't make grass grow more quickly by pulling on it
maamyyrä

Postby fightforroses » May 13, 2013 7:39 pm

maybe me? or maybe i came off dangerously and stayed off. i guess what helped me most was not being constantly surrounded by authority figures who forced me to take meds.
Real Me unavailable due to bullying and harassment.
http://bit.ly/295mx7F ,
http://bit.ly/299egBd , and
http://bit.ly/297MGog
fightforroses

Postby ObjectsInMirrors » May 13, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm in the process of getting off meds. In a year I've gotten off of Adderall XR and half of my Risperdal dose. I never restarted adderall and have never had to increase risperdal past the last taper.

What was most helpful:
my incedible therapist, having friends who are mad who I can freak out around without having to worry about being locked up, tapering slowly and steadily.
ObjectsInMirrors

Postby Anzu » May 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I've been completely off for almost 2 years. (Had to check old posts to get a time frame.) Wouldn't say I'm feeling great about myself, tho. Before a breakdown in 2010 I was off for approximately 14 years. During the breakdown I took meds (and was forced to) on and off for about a month total. Yeah, I think what helps me the most is I just believe the medical model is false. And I've never taken a drug that was actually helpful...
Anzu

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely