It is currently Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

So fucking mad at shrinks! / Cut my damn pill :)

So fucking mad at shrinks! / Cut my damn pill :)

Postby Avonleamarilla » Nov 25, 2012 9:50 am

So - I met with the $300 for the intake/hour shrink who agree on the phone with me that she could help me taper off lithium.
I sold my fucking wedding ring to see this woman. She didn't know that.

Well, after she took my check, she told me she'd need to meet my husband to proceed.
G-damn it - she should have told me on the phone that was her "requirement"!!! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I hate shrinks!

So, I told my husband about my decision to taper off lithium. He flipped, of course. I was going to tell him about my decision ***after*** I demonstrated a few months of "stability" on much lower doses of lithium,
but this new shrink forced the issue .

If it doesn't work out with this shrink (there's another problem...it's with her friggin' fee -
if my husband has to be at the appointment I can only afford her "regular" rate of $125 (I can't really afford that either, but it's possible) and she may want MORE than that, like around $200, for "a second intake" which I can't swing if Craig is there - he is our breadwinner and his business is slow and he's freaking about money as it is; this dilemma is due to her fee schedule that she quoted me on the phone, so higher than $125 for appt. #2 will not work for me - it's hard to explain this clearly and fully here since i am so upset, but money is a problem. I'm waiting for the shrink to call me back about it.

If it doesn't work out with this doctor, fuck her. She will miss out on what i see as "easy money" - I can pay her $125 a month for six months so she can write me scrips for lower and lower doses of lithium so I can do the 10% a month taper. If she tells me that I can't pay her $125 for appointment #2, I will let her know what I think about all this in no uncertain terms. If she says no I will try to put a stop payment on that $300 check if she hasn't cashed it yet.

It's looking like I'm gonna have to keep doing my own lithium taper and I just don't know how I can do it safely. I'm doing rough cuts with my pills right now. Friday night I cut my 450 mg pill into 1/2 to make around 200 mg, and then I halved a half, and took the 200 + the 100 to make 300 mg"ISH". WAY - "ISH"!!!!! I'm so, so mad about this.

Thank you for letting me vent. If you have any leads on how I can EASILY titrate my own 450 mg lithium pills, I'd be so grateful to you. Are rough cuts okay? I can't do the whole water thing. I've done some searching about titration here and I get overwhelmed, but I'll keep doing that. Thanks again.
Avonleamarilla

Re: So fucking mad at shrinks! / Cut my damn pill :)

Postby Inel » Nov 25, 2012 11:08 am

Avonleamarilla, just wanted to let you know I'm reading and feel for your plight. I had a first time appointment w/a shrink-like person this past week that also made me super fucking mad! ARGGGGGGGG!

I think it's great your husband now knows what's up, but that really should have been your choice as to when and how to inform him. Your husband needs to be involved w/this shrink??? What? Is this the 1950's or something? He doesn't own your fucking body!!! If I were in your shoes, I'd stop payment immediately on the grounds that this person was not clear or forthright about their fees or requirements. I personally would not want to continue w/this shrink on any terms with what you have said.

Damn, I wish I had more info for you about lithium tapering. All our bodies are so different and lithium is such a tricky thing. I got off it cold turkey after a near death toxicity issue without problems, but getting toxic on it happened after only a tiny dose adjustment. Be careful.

Your post made me curious if anyone has ever crossed over from lithium carbonate to lithium oritate and if that was helpful at all? Just wondering. Anyone?

I'm thinking good thoughts for you.
<p>"Hard times require furious dancing."  Alice Walker</p>
Inel

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Imagine if you were lost out in the redwoods without you meds for a week? How would you survive? You would.

Funny how quick doctors can take us off the meds when it's a toxic level.

Or how bout how they switch one med to another without withdrawaling from the other?

You can do it for free.

I think you have found enough honest support out there.

I was lucky, it was all just a grace I got. Cause when i started reading about klonopin half life and withdrawal, i took another one and it sent me into a flu like thing. horrible. If i just went by my gut feeling, it would have been a lot easier.

Junkies withdrawal all the time cold turkey and survive. It's God Almighty who choses your time to die or even time to freak out. :)
I hear your Roooaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr.
You deserve to be angry. Just don't become a shrink. :) Then you would be a sell out.
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Postby fightforroses » Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm

There is no God.
Real Me unavailable due to bullying and harassment.
http://bit.ly/295mx7F ,
http://bit.ly/299egBd , and
http://bit.ly/297MGog
fightforroses

Postby maamyyrä » Nov 25, 2012 5:31 pm

slow withdrawal is usually wiser. take care.
you can't make grass grow more quickly by pulling on it
maamyyrä

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Most the people who reply about med withdrawal are still on meds.
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely