It is currently Sep 22, 2017 4:13 am

Guidance around serequel reduction?

Guidance around serequel reduction?

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Sat Nam dear souls

I wonder if I can guide me

I have reduced serequel from 100 to 25mg over 10 weeks, 12.5mg at a time
After my last reduction I experienced some extreme states and altered perception

Is it best to stay at this level? For how long? Any advice based on successful experience about when nxt to reduce and by how much?

Blessings and love to you
Khalsa
Khalsa44

Re: Guidance around serequel reduction?

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 18, 2012 4:19 am

I reduced to 12.5mg of serequel after 2 weeks being on 25mg

I have been at this level for a week and I'm doin well! Feel my body has adjusted physically 2day

This reduction I choose to spend lots of time at home, meditating, yoga, resting, eating mindfully, writing and dancing. I saw some sweet people and had earth time each day

I got bored being at home but I feel I managed the withdrawal better and adjusted quicker

The altered states and shifts in perception I experienced for about 10 days recently were scary at 1st yet with holistic support and the benefits of my 2hr daily meditation practice I have been doin for 100 days these experiences became pleasant and exciting!

It was good to have a week of boring!

I plan to reduce to 0g of serequel next week!

Hope u r all goin well on ur journeys and embracing ur unique amazingness

Love Khalsa
Khalsa44

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Blessings fellow warriors

I have a feeling someone will resond to my post!

I've had a challenging few days

I'm feeling better 2day

Yet I'm considering staying on this level for a month and see if I stabilize

Anyone been thru this stage and have some tips, guidance from ur heart?

I do have faith I will get thru this!

Namaste
Khalsa
Khalsa44

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Just quit now. That dose is so low.
I was on 600mg in the hospital. Came home on 400mg.
Told the pharmacist to give me 100mg tabs.
I was done in a week.
Weird though, I would get anxious before i took it and then after taking it get the itchies.

Have faith, take the leap.
What would Buddha do? He wouldn't have taken the shit at all.

Dominus vobiscum!
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Postby silverelf » Nov 23, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Khalsa -

Sat Nam. Are you practicing Kundalini Yoga?

Many people find that the opposite of what Tricia asserts is true, that they have to go slower as they get lower and start spacing out reductions more. Sometimes the last 10% of the medication can take just as long as the first 90% of it! I would say that you are the only one that knows what your body/brain is experiencing and that it's not a race -- there's no magic that happens when you get to zero (though I undertand that it will feel amazing to be FREE) and that one often hears about people that wish they went slower.

If you are experiencing transient withdrawal symptoms where you are at, I would say stay there and see if things stabilize. 100-25 in 10 weeks is a pretty quick taper, especially if you were on it for multiple years.

A general rule of thumb is reduce 10% of your /current amount/ at a time. And don't go any faster than feels good. So each cut gets a little smaller. If you are feeling like that is too slow, maybe you could 25% of what you are currently at and hold for 2 weeks.

You have reduced by a lot! Congratulations. I am glad it feels like your support network and your spiritual practice is holding you up during these rough times. My thoughts are that it is much better to go slow and not precipitate an avoidable crisis and inadvertanly jump back up to previous doses and feel discouraged about the possibility of ever getting off. Other people feel like it's important to keep movin as quickly as the body/mind allows so you don't lose momentum.

Check out the harm reduction guide if you haven't

http://theicarusproject.net/HarmReductionGui

and also the Beyond Meds blog has great resources

http://beyondmeds.com/

--

and also, be careful with the more activating forms of pranayama at the moment! Some people find when they are in withdrawal states they are too sensitive to do more activated breathing like breath of fire, etc. Of course if you feel it is helping, stick to it!
Do not spend a lot
of time in an asylum writing cruel poems
if you can help it, one Artaud is enough.
silverelf

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 23, 2012 5:01 pm

To Silverelf:
And many people find quitting faster is better.
How can someone say they wish they went slower when they wouldn't know the outcome?
We all have different bodies Silverelf.

It depends on your body.

I'm glad you are quitting your drugs. Seroquel has been sued for much money that I can't believe it is still on the market.

Yogis, sages, etc... would laugh at us for taking meds to cure the psyche/soul
<p><font color="#808080"> </font><span class="UIStory_Message">&lrm;" We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society." Martin Luther King, Jr</span></p>
triciafishDE

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks Tricia and silverelf
Your different perspectives is interesting as it reflects the polarities within me

This is my 5th attempt at coming off, the previous 4 times I was hospitalized so I am taking it slow!

I have had some big shifts this week so I havnt decided if I will hold at my current level or reduce 2moro
I sense I can manage either yet I am in the process of rebuilding my life so I feel a need to be quite stable and for this journey off meds to be as gentle as poss

I am on 1000mg of lithium too, that's my next step

Any guidance around getting free of a psychiatrist?
I was threatened with a forced drugging order, if I leave she could contact the people who put that out
I can see a wholistic gp, I've been finding that tricky due to funding and meeting someone new when I'm very sensitive
I need to stop seeing psychiatrist or change to epilum( I wouldn't take it) soon due to blood tests for lithium, she would know I was coming off, is not supportive
Any ideas which is best- to stay with psychiatrist and lie to her, have as little contact as possible or see gp and have to do the scary thing of telling psychiatrist I'm leaving and risk her getting angry and threatening me?
Khalsa44

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi Khalsa,
The best way to get rid of the psychiatrist is to lie. Say you are taking the medication.
When you live med free like me, it is scary. Family and the secular world are constantly saying I am nuts and not taking medication. I have not even done anything criminal or whatever.
Simply living a renounced life gets me into trouble with others...the system, etc...

So I would say Lie your pants off and tell them you are taking the meds. Not many doctors will agree to go off of meds and if they do, they will snag you in during withdrawal: See, you need those meds!

You are in my thoughts.
Peace!
triciafishDE

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I am a kundalini yoga teacher, silverelf
I want to go to all the locked psych wards in my city and volunteer teach there every morning

I reduced from 12.5 to 6mg of serequel for the last 2 nights
My mind is chatty, feel confusion but I'm ok
Focusing on grounding and simplicity

Blessings to you and may u have a gentle journey filled with many moments of joy
Khalsa44

Postby Khalsa44 » Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks Trish for your kindness and support

So this is my deal. I was threatened with a legal order to force drug me, to get out of this I went back to a private psych.
I have been gradually coming off drugs and lying to her
2 things 1) I don't like seeing someone who believes I'm sick and lying is a waste of my time
2) I'm on lithium and I can't come off that without her knowing

So, there is a wholistic gp, who is known for supporting people get off meds
I don't feel I need his support, Im goin well
But I can tell my psych he will "manage my medication" so get out of seeing psych and can come off lithium

I'm scared tho
I'm so delicate at this withdrawal time
I really just want everyone to be kind and gentle with me

The last 6 days on 6mg serequel have been intense
I'm so grateful I am managing this transition
I welcome future stability!
My mind is very busy and emotions very intense
Connecting to people has been very confronting
Very intense feelings after counselling, I'm scared of goin bak to counselling yet I'm praying about it and it will settle down, I might need a break from it but ill be with the earth and my heart and I'll know wats needed
Blessings- deeply connected to earth, and my heart, drawing and art and cleaning have been fun
I have lots of energy and feel free after releasing fears and negativity

Nearly off serequel then I find lithium much easier to withdraw from

Thanks for the support of all the people here and for this space

I hope my journey fwd helps others

Kindness and gentleness to you all
Khalsa44

Postby triciafishDE » Nov 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Doesn't it suck that we have to lie about not taking meds?

I wish I could do more.
I wish I could tell you that there are advocacy groups out there that will help you fight your right to go med free.

But I will continue to pray for you and everyone who finds the truth about these drugs.

God speed to a healthy recovery.

Om shanti shanti :)
triciafishDE

Postby Khalsa44 » Dec 07, 2012 4:51 am

Sat nam!

I met with the wholistic gp 2day and he gave me the no of a psychiatrist who is supportive of people coming off meds

Woohoo
I have been praying for this release and support

Now I have options

I feel freedom arising

The goddess set me this karma to carve myself a life deeply embodied in compassion power!

Thank u thank u thank u
Khalsa44

Postby triciafishDE » Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Congrats to you!
You always have options!

If you are a yoga instructor, it should be easy peasy for you.

I used Christ the Physician to get off meds. It was free and quick.

God speed to you.
triciafishDE

Postby Khalsa44 » Dec 10, 2012 7:57 am

Blessings dear ones

2nite is my 1st nite free from serequel

No sleep as yet- I'm relaxing and nurturing myself

Also my last day seeing traditional psychiatrist
It was very challenging!
I'm so grateful to have moved through it and know who I truly am

I am grateful for you and your unique, perfect and much needed presence on this earth now!
Khalsa44

Postby triciafishDE » Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Whoooo Hooooo!
Congrats and God speed to you!!!!!!!!
triciafishDE

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely