It is currently Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am

Lexapro Reduction Going Well

Lexapro Reduction Going Well

Postby bananasinorbit » Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Just wanted to share that I have gone from Lexapro 20 to Lexapro 2.5 without anything going terribly wrong. I reduced to 10 quite a while ago (maybe a year ago), but then a few months ago I ran out of a prescription and was having a hard time dealing with insurance for a refill, so I ended up tapering to avoid just running out entirely. I took 5 for maybe 3 weeks, then 2.5 for maybe two weeks, then 2.5 every other day for a week, then nothing for a week--and then I finally got my refill. I decided since my physical and emotional state hadn't gotten a lot worse during the period I was tapering, I might as well stay at 2.5, which is what I've done for around 2 months now. I'm still deciding if I will stop taking it altogether, but I wanted to share that for me the withdrawal symptoms I feared with cutting down haven't really emerged. Of course I know other people have totally different experiences, just wanted to put this slightly anti-climactic experience out there too.
bananasinorbit

Re: Lexapro Reduction Going Well

Postby yellowrose » Oct 23, 2012 4:08 pm

hi bananas! it sounds good and encouraging for me as i am considering a med taper soon. its good to know its not all doom and gloom!

L
Taoist master in training ------ www.liamartist.blogspot.co.uk
yellowrose

Return to Reducing and Going Off Medications Safely