It is currently Sep 20, 2017 2:16 pm

ocean of you

The Collective Unconscious of The Icarus Project.
Our nightly dreams and nightmares hold the keys to so many mysteries inside ourselves, all woven together with interlocking metaphors and symbols and little pieces of meaning. This is a place to share your dreams and for us to talk about them together with respect and admiration.

ocean of you

Postby AimForParadise » Aug 28, 2017 10:52 am

The eyes of a dreamer are crystal clear; such beauty to be found in all places.

Always expressed, when split, in two polarities.

I've been having a lot of recurring dreams about twins/duality and the one being split in two. mant of those dreams have been trying to understand the original betrayal. How we/i went wrong along the way. Most of it is trying to better understand duality in general, a topic I've been digesting for years now...

There are two other dreams, but I won't speak of them now. It's early, for me, and the living room flooded and there's a giant hole outside the house. The vehicles are whistling and howling by as if they were sky-whales swimming through a wind-tunnel. Things I maybe should deal with, but probably won't. We've already laid towels down, the air will do the rest, the window doesn't shut....and I'm still ready to sleep.

--

This time, the split, Mytho. The prince of the story, split in two selves. One was bold, brash and fiery. The other was timid, reserved and gentle.

Mytho, a prince of self, who has lost his heart - it was shattered when he battled the evil raven and now must be restored, piece by piece. He searches for himself. He also searches for his princess.

Cheza, princess of self. Is the embodiment of the pure feminine. Quite literally, alchemized from a lunar flower, she serves as guide and key to paradise.

(These characters are actual characters from waking life Anime)

They went walking, and in attempt to sabatoge, someone shot off an explosive firework in her direction. It exploded in the air with a loud crack and showers of sparks. Instead of the reaction the sabatuer had hoped for, Cheza's eyes simply grew wide, taking in the light of the sparks, and she wept at the beauty of it all.

And it was said the eyes of a dreamer are crystal clear, for they see beauty in all places

--

The she-wolf with milk white eyes is an elder who gives visions. She has illuminating sight. Upon her passing, she gifted us friendship and comradery with the pack. We communed in an old, snow covered barn, abandoned in nowhere.
After the adversaries burnt it down, we rebuilt it. It stood tall yet humble, like an earthen cathedral blanketed in ice.
AimForParadise

Re: ocean of you

Postby AimForParadise » Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

an island of sorts. The locals described it as a strange place. A narrow stretch of land, dotted with birch trees with autumn leaves and womping trees that stood stark and leafless in the vale. The skies were an eerie overcast tinged with gold. Then the floods came. Monstrous waves that consumed all. The mother went to rescue her child, floating helplessly in the path of the wave. I held my sister on the shore, pressed close to my chest. Our fingers interwoven in the chain-links of a fence, braced for impact. The wave flooded all. Before we made it home, we had narrowly avoided the jaws of a peculiar swimming bear.

--

A moon heaven. I went walking, looking for a place to bathe. Most places were stained with alcohol, dirt or blood. or filled with chatting people. Upon reaching one of the last pools, inhabited by people chatting and drinking jovially, I just gave up. I took off and jumped, floated on up to a ledge and stepped onto the grass.

a raven with fiery eyes, named Ka. I bowed deeply. it scoffed at me, not having the time or desire. A potent wrathful energy, seething, but I was spared. Then it flew away with other creatures. It seemed I'd be left there, but another Raven stepped forward, one with eyes the color of ice on fire. It came to me, and I stroked its soft black feathers.

It has stayed with me, as a guide and friend.

--

Many Ravens, lately. All cawing the same message.
We approach the event horizon. Or rather, we have been there, on the precipice.
Who's to say how long we've stayed, frozen in time, peering into the void?
Is it time to jump?
Will we let ourselves this time?

For me, there's no question. I have stepped over that precarious line, beyond the point of return.
The gravity will carry me now.

Though, my work will still be done. Must still be done.
I will do it, as a gift to myself and others.
But this time, kindly.
Flowing tenderly with the river.

Walls will fall, the dam will be washed away.
The deep ocean rises.
Water yourself, you've been thirsty.
Let the earth show you what it means to weep, to flow -
To live.

beneath the cold whip of an unyielding perfectionism,

is a gentle heart waiting to be loved
AimForParadise

Re: ocean of you

Postby AimForParadise » Sep 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Vague meanderings through the old lunch room, and some magical locker, which gets towed away before we could really understand it's secrets.

I was content to play alone on the sidewalk, waiting for buses that would only pass me by. Then some stranger came playing some Indian instrument. I gave a little melody too. The two instruments together gave a sweet sound. Sweet enough to move the driver, who let me on the bus. I was so excited I left my case on the sidewalk.

The bus was crowded. Every seat was taken, and some people were already sitting on top of others. I looked around and found a place to stand in the back. The driver said 'don't you want your case?'. I agreed and hopped out of the back door quickly to grab it, but I woke before I got there.
AimForParadise

Return to Dreams & Nightmares