It is currently Jun 26, 2017 4:55 pm

What's the role of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination in relation to "mental illness"? How do we fight stigma? Discuss the issues, organize for human rights, and post action alerts here.

Re: WTF is happening to Icarus?

Postby Comfortably_Numb » Sep 25, 2012 1:06 am

My parents didn't want me medicated...but they didn't exactly stick up for me, I always tried to act like school wasn't too bad, and was able to make passing grades so they never got concerned....until I was 15 and attempted suicide, that was of course before the PTSD thing. But yeah first thing my mom said when she showed up at the hospital was 'I had no idea you felt so bad' or something like that.

I do want to try and find some sort of support group or something...I mean I know drugs alone cannot fix anything, all they can do is mellow the symptoms temporarily...but I feel the only real way to improve my mental state at all is to decrease the symptoms so I can focus on other things that would help....such as hobbies and such, but the point of hobbies is to enjoy them not try to enjoy them and feel worse because you can't feel the enjoyment you're supposed to feel.

Also though I don't seem to be putting anything in order to well...I can't even organize my own thoughts too well, takes me much longer to even post on forums than it did before. Even right now I feel weirdly anxious, and am sweating too much...and I think I keep grinding my teeth because my jaw is kinda sore and I've felt like this since yesterday morning...usually I am just exhausted and depressed feeling by now. But at least I am not somewhere that adds to my stress too much.
Comfortably_Numb

Postby illdrew » Sep 25, 2012 8:37 am

Meds damage coupled with diabetes does that to me. I take aspirin now and only do coffee occasionally as it makes me angry too.

Grinding your teeth is called bruxism and relates to Psy meds but the psycops say it is natural in people with MI.

Get some medical tests done you can buy home test kits for diabetes like blood sugar levels in your blood and also there is a urine test for other things too which also includes for diabetes.

If you have done meds before you can develop diabetes and also first time with meds.

Eat low to zero fat foods with protein like chicken and beans and sprouts.

Concentration is affected by hunger and gnawing is also a sign of that too. The meds can upset your bodies system that badly.
illdrew

Postby Comfortably_Numb » Sep 25, 2012 1:57 pm

I guess nevermind...
Last edited by Comfortably_Numb on Sep 25, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Comfortably_Numb

Postby illdrew » Sep 25, 2012 4:58 pm

OK
illdrew

Postby WindThroughDoor » Oct 07, 2012 2:07 pm

sometimes one speaks in silence. "silence screams" as Leonard Peltier says. sometimes one is hurting too much. don't get on their case about it. --walking wounded (well i am hardly walking)
Forever is composed of nows. ~Emily Dickinson
WindThroughDoor

Postby illdrew » Oct 07, 2012 8:20 pm

http://www.scotsman.com/news/shame-face ... -1-2564106

i think the Nurse was maybe thinking it was so normal that you could talk about it openly

check this one out too i was in these homes Brimmond and Oakbank

he did the same and i was also bullied into drinking alcohol by a Mr Morris in his room in the home i was in.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 25,2694652

read this bit at the bottom from the scotsman.com

"He claimed that even in spite of the charges, he would have “no hesitation” in employing Dy again, describing her as “kind, caring, honest and trustworthy”. But the panel rejected a plea to make a conditions of practice order and imposed the 12-month suspension."
illdrew

Postby kittenforever » Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm

"In MY view, the entire point of the Icarus Project is to be anti-oppression."

I think this is the issue... not everyone sees it this way. People come here for all sorts of reasons. For me for instance, anti-oppression and activism are not the main reasons I am involved. I am involved with Icarus as mental health peer support, as a supplement to my therapy so I can heal and grow.
kittenforever

Previous

Return to Stand Up For Your Rights: Oppression, Advocacy, and Activism