It is currently Sep 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Etiquette regarding how to report spam

Make the Icarus website a better place! We'd love to hear anything you have to say about the website. Something broken? Need a new feature? Let us know...

Etiquette regarding how to report spam

Postby NickF » Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Is it more acceptable to report someone who has spam in their profile or would it be better to wait until they actually post something spammy? I'm sure most of them are bots, but I'd hate to report someone for a website if there happens to be a user who doesn't realize they shouldn't link their business in their profile. Many of the ones I've noticed never post anything that I've seen, I just keep seeing new users pop up with some kind of commercial site in their profile. Input?
"I was terrified when my doctor told me I had a unique and interesting personality trait, but then he told me about new zoloft."
NickF

Re: Etiquette regarding how to report spam

Postby Spinygrrl » Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm

This is me speaking for me, but I'd just report it. It's our responsibility as mods to take a look at reports, which we do in as timely a fashion as we can, and make a judgement call from there. More people helping to take care of the site is in my view helpful and speaking for myself I am unlikely to see a user like you describe unless they post spam, so having it reported is helpful. Just please understand that it can take a minute for us to deal with. Thx for asking.
Spinygrrl

Re: Etiquette regarding how to report spam

Postby NickF » Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm

No problem, thanks for the reply. Thanks for what you both do, by the way, in case I hadn't said that.
"I was terrified when my doctor told me I had a unique and interesting personality trait, but then he told me about new zoloft."
NickF

Return to Website Bug Reports / Technical Problems / Feedback